Non-Formal Education for Social Change
Association Centrul pentru Dezvoltarea Instrumentelor Structurale with transnational partners from Turkey, Italy, Lithuania and Spain announced the closure of activities of the Non-Formal Education for Social Change project. It was financed by the European Union from the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 1: The mobility of people for educational purposes – Draft mobility for young people and youth workers.
Young people participated in various activities undertaken by non-formal education methods, which aimed to raise the skills for the youth workers to work with youth with few opportunities. The activities of this training course took place in Horezu, Romania, where participants had an environment for networking and teamwork in order to implement certain activities in the field of nondiscrimination, develop the cultural skills, increase self-confidence.
- During the 8 months of the project, the 30 youth workers increased their knowledge about the differences and the similarities between non-formal, formal and informal education methods and will understand how and when to use them.
- By working with various non-formal methods, throughout the project, the 30 participants developed their skills in implementing a non-formal method (setting objectives, explaining the rules, supervise the implementation, do the debriefing) and adapting it to disadvantaged groups of young people.
- During the 8 months of the project, the 30 youth workers developed and implemented a more than of 20 non-formal methods, that are used by them in their NFO working with youth and youth with few opportunities.
- Youth workers participants worked with more than 50 youth, from placement centers and they develop more emphatic attitude towards disadvantaged youth and they are more confident and motivated to work with underprivileged groups from their community.
During the mobility we used more nonformal methods:
- integration and team building games
- workshops and trainings for youth workers
- activities with youth with few opportunities
- debates of youth workers
- exchange of good practices between youth workers
- YouthPass sessions
- evaluation & reflection sessions
For further information please contact us at the following contact details: email@example.com